Solar Panel Rebate for Homes
Take advantage of Solar Victoria's $1,850 rebate
Last chance before the rebate decreases to $1,400 on July 1, 2021, so don't delay!
With the rebates on offer from Solar Victoria, there's never been a better time to get solar for your home. The Solar Homes Panel Rebate reduces the out of pocket cost of eligible installations by $1,850. This rebate is available to owner-occupied and rental properties.
There's still time to have your quote approved by Solar Victoria before the reduction to $1,400 on July 1st, but please request a quote from us immediately.
Solar Panel Rebate Eligibility Criteria
Applicant eligibility criteria
You are eligible to receive a rebate for installing a solar PV system for your home if you meet the following criteria:
- you are the owner-occupier of the property (no holiday houses)
- the property owners have a combined household taxable income of less than $180,000 per year (based on last year’s Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment)
- you have not already received a rebate under the Solar Homes Program
- it is an existing property, valued at under $3 million
- that the property address has not previously taken part in the Solar Homes Program
- the property does not have an existing solar PV system.
The rebate process
Here is what we will be guiding you through:
- Once you have accepted our quote, we upload it to the Solar Victoria portal.
- You receive an email from Solar Victoria inviting you to apply for your rebate and guiding you through the process.
- Complete the application, uploading documents to prove your identity, property ownership and income.
- Wait up to 5 business days for your application to be reviewed.
- You will receive email confirmation from Solar Victoria once you've been approved. This email contains a QR code that must be presented to your installer on the date of installation.
- We schedule your installation. You pay the deposit for you installation (10% of the installation cost less the $1,850 rebate).
- Your installation takes place. You pay the remaining balance of your invoice.
- We submit documentation to Solar Victoria and they pay us the rebate amount directly.
For more information on the application process, including which documents you will need, please see Solar Victoria's "how to apply" webpage or the fact sheets linked above on this page.